Sunday, July 07, 2024

Swim in the air around me with breasts
and throats and thighs assembling
a beakless octopus; stem the blood that
you fanned to a flame in the flag of my ribs;
make fluidly crooked the wood
of our vivid water-fed skyscraper:
let the trumpet pipes shower
our spent longings with gelatin ideas:
let the opaque mastery of dreams
get lost in the singing cone.

I am the toy of your shell's magnetic pebble,
you tap the bruised skeleton back together
with a cloak of leaves above your abdomen:
I am a fishbowl galaxy
balanced as a monkey brain beneath
the slit in urban twilight's concrete bridge
that holds a web wrapped living nest
within a sphere of nippled boxes.

Send me the apple's crater
send me the smooth pit
furred in its axis
I am a melting crate
leaking paint from paper icons
I am the thrust of empire's fist
reflected in your burst of hips
bronze peacock telescoping time
through a cage of waves
through the screen-fed eyes of silent
train passengers, one sacred septic cry.

No comments: