Sunday, July 21, 2024

I saw her sorting linen
in the curtained half-light,
I saw her in the hall of dreams,
now she is gone to the satellite.

I saw her fingers move on a pink guitar
I saw her tape recorded necklace
and the knuckles of her bones
light up in phosphorescent rooms,
I saw her care with the broom handle.

I saw her bright ribs heaving
and her valentine split,
saw her cheekbones lit by a rash
as she watered the hyacinth.

I take out yesterday's trash
with glass-scratched hands
and watch her oiling her chariot,
I know she goes with a headlamp
to paint the caves that howl in the night.

She could drape me in the cloth
she casts away, I could be
her sudsy whirlpool, I could be
her monument in marble
or her charcoal steed.

I see her passing among the other women
with her flower clenched like a locket,
I gather the keys to release her
from a passing cloud, weeping
at a series of doors that only I know.

We sprawl in separate sleep
on the parchment of a silent rhythm,
only mapped in dreams to make
its noiseless ink ravished
in the sink of touched ethereal gears.

No comments: