Wednesday, July 10, 2024

I am interlaced with
burning columns of cloud
thinking of Pierre Bonnard and Greg Devlin
of artists at their windowsills
savaging the landscape
their hourglass eyes
and their laser handguns

life has been drinking from me
I shape this putty
on a circuit board mattress
but still your pictures and words
come back to me in a storm
painters and poets
fierce brave souls of the night

play me a song like a powerline
show me your fencepost
and your drapes of gold
show me your open field
and your shades of shadow
make me entranced at the dress she wore

late at night with eyes shining
particles aloof on their points of needle
late at night would you let me
watch you wash the dishes
late at night would your souls come to help me
Greg Devlin and Pierre Bonnard
I hear the ground falling

I am kept alive in such strange hours
I am the horse's service and the gamble's keep

take time to enliven the chains
of this web all around me
I am sounding off on some gone color
I listen to heavy metal I have a glass ear
I crave my armchair
artists in need of night come back again
carry my hammock of leaves
and my whirlwind coffin
carry my tools of lead
through a rain that sees.

No comments: