Monday, June 17, 2024

I smell stinkbugs and sulfur
in the southern wind
I smell lavender and lilac
and delicious sin

snakes of light fill up my ears
and slither in my bones
the archways groan
with interdimensional heat
near the pit of my last awakening

big doors flick like tongues
the metal of consciousness creaks
blood pounds in diamond chandeliers
the rind of my fruitful life
is black and bright
facing angelic swords
I beat heaven down
to a pot and pan campfire
and simmer with a red eyed woman

lazily transcending all computed spheres
and scarred cliff faces
drifting with bird shapes of mercury
deliberately down a dead end tunnel
with the last draft of rejected script
in the garden of my hands
and the garden of my ribs
fond gash where my liver speaks
with a gesture like lava.

No comments: