Friday, June 28, 2024

I drank fire and pissed paint,
my satanic essence covered the landscape.
Parties opened up like butterfly wounds
to care for my thistle coated anchors.

My lasso of many tongues
coated lepers with healing vapors.
I conquered asteroids
and called them moons, conquered moons
and called them planets, conquered planets
and called them my fragrant stars.

Now an inverted wizard
on a solitary swing set
I watch fortress walls of dead faith
rain through fractured skies
like flakes of plaster.

No need to fight this world,
or prove anything to it.
The croaks of toads, the rascal's wrath
of irritable crows, lightens the tones
of my drum, my rhythms bend the grass
and light up the abandoned architecture.

My life is a live boat
shaped like an oar,
and the old gods snore.

No comments: