Tuesday, May 08, 2012

///>>>>>>///


radio in the blood
faint hours, grow brightly
stacked apartments are wide open
depths refrigerate foreign milk
where a lover brought me, among strangers
daydreams punctuated by gunfire
drip off the porch, where a full moon
abandons the whole town

I'm not listening to your song
I'm hearing the building creak
I'm not pricing your shoe leather
I'm ducking blood-winged arachnids from lightbulb
you're not kissing fire
you're kissing a well-assembled heap of bones

budding from basements all over
mutant strands in the dip of the throat
your dark qualities used to be free of cancer
you were a dancer, now you hang out
in the dressing room
a rectangle of mirrors that you can't shake
backstage when that meteor rolls down the aisle
bricks slide to show jewels from between each other

No comments: