Thursday, May 10, 2012

A DAY MIGHT


gladness, a little dog
so many towering landscapes
the lick of water between stones
so many objects on fire
so much flesh and blood extinguished
to the rumbling of fountains
complaint is filed
in glacial shells, a little dog under
branches and wires, immediate moment
in collar

to the angry in their horrible hallways
or those appeased in science fiction basements
these sidewalks are a seesaw equally weighted
the church steps a place to get stoned
talk smoke under the leaves
of college streets where I've never been a student
always wafted in headphones, downstream
from where they've made a study of life
a worker in cheetah robe, finger pawing
the wet wreckage

and I curiously examine the water
to watch a curious little dog curiously
examine the water
and my entrails are in an unimpressive heap
next to the town pool
but my dreams my dreams are getting
a wave from the flagship

No comments: