Saturday, September 21, 2024

The blue stem crashes through
the eighth angel of my mind
on a glazed rooftop, in an empty
coffee shop cleared for my dream,
ink blurred of the pages turning.
Kisses turned aside that turn
to soggy bricks and land
in a ragged wall.

All my renegade companions
are gone, the silk remainder
of a sowing machine ship
that plowed through the side
of the main road and
into the purple water
flickers in twilight and dawn
expressionless as a pawn
the departure is mostly invisible.

My claws on this cliff's dried root
reaching for dirt in air
my breath and the breath of the ages
just barely taking turns
as the old world melts into steam below
and dancing throngs are covered
in waves of red clay
with traces of iron
there's a cinema of bones
hysteria within the cloistered glow
of pipes pushing water
the cage that speaks with one voice
far from the feline choice
of nobody's passenger
memorizing wind and rain
the luxuries of chosen pain.

No comments: