Monday, September 02, 2024

Wild nights are gone
beneath a floodlit scene of funerals
for nameless dead dancing on film

I encounter empty fields
spilled popcorn on green grass
old fashioned techno music
in my rerun dreams

we ran from party to party
on crooked country roads
with neon platform islands
where our timely incantations
were repeated and understood
those times have been blown to hell now
and maybe they never happened

I was laughing on a sex drenched
fire escape walkway
black ladders pulled up from the street
like leather belts or some unseen photo reel
in those pictures I am dying in slow motion

I've got a notion the fireworks are all exploded
and I'm alone at the bar and the bar is abandoned 
deep in some night that never arrived
I pause to drink a flashing flask
of disappearing water
and write this on polished wood
that's going dull beneath the curling paper

No comments: