Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Letter to a girl

I apologize for typing this on your body

I ran out of paper

there's something wrong with the landscape tonight
the snow is soothing in the twilight but
beams of light keep shooting upwards
from the footprints I leave behind

that doesn't make sense, does it

also, I've noticed beams of various colors
shooting upwards from other sets of footprints
some of them are brighter than others,
and they're everywhere

the sidewalk is covered with bouquets of light-beams

I'm confused

what I'm seeing is dragging me out of this world
forehead-first

I don't want to live in a cave of diamonds all alone

I need your help
I can't carry this dazzlement around all by myself

that's why I'm typing this on your body
not because I ran out of paper

2 comments:

Bill Gnade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LukeBuckham said...

Thanks, Bill. I like it too, but that doesn't always last. I feel like I may soon write some things I can actually enjoy looking at.