Thursday, August 08, 2024

MEDUSAN SHADE

In a grid of yellow lights she knelt alone
departing from me in a hot gray anomaly

desperate swamps of massed hands
grasping after her dark haired whirlwind

I cut them all off with a thorn handled sword
and blinked at the clear new water

a couch was melting on the shore
a spirit of glass corners was walking
in the fractured steam

I took the flash of light's imprint
to a cave of suckling geodes

file cabinet drawers began protruding
from irregular stone walls

my bed's in the peak of a cone's pinprick
glimpse of knotted purple sky

her sash is a train I can't roll off of
to tumble into grassy trenches

and shake away the acidic clasp
of her dyed fingernails in my
creature of a spine

I watch as the crushed snakes leave the road
through rot or the scan
of some mesmerizing saucer

and they all depart
until the staff in the desert
is upright stripped and bare

I play the divine blueprint's copied record
with the screw of some lost nautilus

I burn the candles and her scent
escapes my rising nerves

the marble bench where I sat
is broken through to the earth

porches of the damned resound
with strange laughter

I am a cipher in a wheel of ass
the last loverboy of the hurricane's
lips gone higher

No comments: