Friday, December 22, 2023

Fried walkways
with wax leaves glinting
hero of the big
grease trash can,
grinning desperado
glowing with the salt
of disintegrated worlds,
staring upward from many graves
many bright rectangles
fevered sets of eyes
that have never gone out
doors of light ripping down
the machinery of night,

switches flipped that sing
to long indifferent cords
while soft lamps
are smoking and talking,

black crows cawing
on a spliff scarred windowsill,
chair turning
in a polished impossible void,
the sun as a rose that never moves
is a death I can't fake,
the steel of days down the drain
paws back to my loaded cell,
I can't leak rays on arcs
that bend in the rain,
my leash is frayed with travel
on a torso ranked beyond

somewhere where hot dogs are cooking
and coffee is cooled
on cuboid embers of locked water,
I am sitting on a crate
that comes to lambent ooze.

No comments: