Saturday, October 01, 2022

From the beautiful month of your birth
I look to the sky for signs
that the waves of deeply layered
forests will bring us together,
that the semblance of sacred stone
in the chinks of our vertebrae
will vibrate in delirious tandem,
that the fettered bark of growing trees
interlinks and knows.

From the bleachers in a cloud
that look upon a faint ethereal auditorium
I am eating peanuts in the gravy of the air

and I am betting on your lips,
your sweetly braided hair,
your tiny rebellious chin,
the set of your eyes
on my dedicated gravestone,
your climax's taste for laughter.

Let me climb into the mischief
of your ancestral curve,
be my shell's grain of sand,
my quiet reminder,
the gaze of many women
on this thousandfold man
bisected by a grand piano.

Let groans of love multiply like stairs
(no matter where they go in the grand meander)
forge between two
the weightlessness of monumental chains.

No comments: