Saturday, August 27, 2022

Lily, daughter of the stargazer,
where do I go
to search you out?

You rise above the empires
and their adulterers,
you throw me into the abyss
with your little hands.

Jasmine stands next to you
with its scent of sleep.
September is
another care away.

I open the poem
and you come out of it.
Record another song
and your secret soul of evil
turns another pearl.

Untie me from my agony
of desire: have mercy on the years
that have not smashed a man
the way your furtive glances
and your pigtails did
in the months of your pale blue eyes
blonde sabotage of discovery
waiting with empty thighs
in the outer darkness of my mind

for the breath of an unknown morning
souls under the lidless scan

I beat your legend into me on hot tar
and go far to the day moon's strength
and the night moon's mirror
your name like a knife in my side.

I miss your green fangs
fruit of the fire that commands your will
as I drink from the smoke
in your shoe.

No comments: