Thursday, April 12, 2012

{}{}{}{}{{{{{ }}}}}{}{}{}{}{}

My father's windows
aren't watched by anyone
move me across gravel
starred by inner earth
the windows themselves are watching

Knick knacks and bric-a-brac
are laughter on the shelves
somebody's enemy has fallen asleep waiting
my father's been looking in every wrong place
but he left a path in the air
I'll soar it and never sleep

So many barn houses stacked on curves
behind the strained tumult of future highways
gardens bare as the sun
my father's looking for a woman
I'm alone with the sand

Friends and lovers left me
painted with psychedelic mud
my father is still noisier
than a house full of gods
with no war to push forward

into the toppling zones
where we suckling descendants
sent our sterile offspring through a labyrinth
long heads on long necks are screaming
but they have no form
and we recede from oblivion
into the frailty of peace
never advertised as beautiful bodies

My father's windows are now so wide
there is little house left
for him to rest in
he keeps staring his undirected stare
the shelves are parched lips
with no clapping monkeys
the activities in the kitchen are just a wind

he looked for a cook, then he learned to cook
his life's a breeze that can't
find the proper door
to flow out of

No comments: