Wednesday, November 30, 2011

INCAST


jackalhood fires in my bones
I hear stories of the girl who lived on drainwater
how one day we'll unfold each
other's encrusted valley wings
with a ropeswing into the sea
blue seagull white sky
our masks of salt
skirted in burlap and bellowing

toward the bars of rippled sand
she'll lead a light net
I'll follow with a spear on my back
to the music of lunar waves
lapping against an island of airplane seats
brine on the body and brine of the body
torching a bluefish with severed eyes
my desk on the shoreland
with an old tarp roof

jackalhood ignites in my blood
but I hold it back with my skin smiling
the fanning of her webbed hands
keeps my mammal's guardian
wide awake I protect the reptile
locks of her spun hair
touch the ghost of our doorway
bloodblack eyes that light up
the mansions of a lost race
where spines turn deep to gold
and ancient jazz is playing

No comments: