Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The wolf in pants

The wolf is wearing pants.
The deforestation evident in the kitchen
is breathing fire down his hairy neck.
He is trying to believe in the ancient prophecies
of a thousand-year reign of peace and love.
But those words are old now
and he hears the hearts of trees crippling
the bitter outsides of the world.
Nature is doing it. Nature is bringing peace.
And he is not included in her plans, this time.
And the wolf sits down on a stool in his kitchen
and the the wolf tries to put his face in his hands
but his nose is too long. And the wolf
takes off his pants
and cries.

6 comments:

... Paige said...

interesting piece

LukeBuckham said...

Thank you, Paige. Feel free to visit me again any time you like.

Everyone should go to Paige's page and check out the photograph found under the title "glue". A lovely shot, and I'm not even sure what it is.

I've always enjoyed the name "Paige".

For my readers out there: the name "Paige" means "assistant" although some say it means "young", and perhaps they're right; in which case I have just been visited by a young assistant.

Paige has assisted me by reading and enjoying my poetry; her compliments have made me feel young.

grace,

Luke

Nobody Too said...

Hey snarly, do you have an e-mail address these days? I mostly need your physical mailing address; I have a new chapbook coming out this month if you'd like it.

LukeBuckham said...

Ah, a new nickname! I guess "snarly" is better than "Fuckhum" which is what they called me in highschool.

There's an e-mail on this site, actually, included in my profile. You can use that to e-mail me, and my home address is 133 Roxbury Street, Apartment #6, Keene, NH 03431.

Send me an ostrich egg wrapped in old bubblegum.

Luke

Nobody Too said...

Great; hopefully I'll be mailing them out in two weeks or so.

LukeBuckham said...

Cool. I look forward to seeing those pages. Is it hot enough to fry an ostrich egg on? I hope so. Thanks for thinking of me,

Luke