Friday, November 24, 2023

Stabbed in the vortex
of converging opposites,
the camouflage
bursts into radiant flowers.
The foreground is drained
through black holes
and ugly kaleidoscopes.

I sit on a dim hill
sipping my
electromagnetic seltzer
convinced of clouds
and their thoughts
the many souls within me
running to a trail of water
running to a caged flame.

The branches
and their attendant owls
yield to a greater light.
The red mouth coos
to a blue lagoon.

The lanterns dance
with robot rays
around the old fireplace.
The scarecrow leaning
in the tin barn
calculates and moves.

I take a rag from
someone's distant pocket
and wipe away borrowed drool.

The ground with its
symphony of pipes
is my box of tools.
The granite in my spine
gets used.
The chant rises sublimely
from a pack of fools.

The hips of this matrix
have the seed's power
in a glass that cools.

No comments: