Thursday, October 16, 2014

.....

             I'm in a basement full of
                 old computers, video tapes,
                     Jean D'Arc dolls, unkept records,
                         juiceless plastic, tools for the dead.


               I'm like a vampire nursing on my own blood.
                Dual electrodes don't threaten me
                       from the opposite wall.
                  My energies were led
                       and led me here.


                    Operating from the always-hot  core valve,
                  the most tarnished, most often used
                    channel of the spirit,
                   a faint technology somewhat
                    like a porch light
                   universal in shape
                                 keeps me.

No comments: