Saturday, January 21, 2012

I'VE BUILT A GOVERNMENT IN YOUR FORM

between factory hours, layered of gauze
the body Bach played on her
(I'm here to watch beauty speed past) her minerals:
salt glow of eyes, in heated half
dark aisles open up
poor hands everywhere skin's apricot thin

in country avenues there are always sink pots
owls hidden on hidden fences
a tape on in an old stereo
flings trailers of brown fabric
up through the sunroof trees

she's laughing, a comma of yellow light
the glass of omnipresence
got caught in her contact, the planet shirking

now whenever I hear Bach
I get sadder
than an electrocuted city
at dawn and it soothed her bones
where her veil left off
I'm up in the chandeliered air
hung on a fishhook ballet
close to the bulb and the wings of state
sniffing and hungering

No comments: