Monday, November 02, 2009

You took off your arms
and placed them on the table in front of me
you gave me a questioning look
with two glass eyes

you took off the wallpaper
and showed me the bugs crawling underneath
I watched helplessly
blinking my eyes in the rain of bright dust
from a frosted chandelier

I waited in the doorway watching myself
sitting in a chair by the table
looking hopefully at your stumps hoping
that another pair of arms was forthcoming

every bulb on the chandelier burst
like something worse than an accident

your glass eyes started to become wet
I hid under the table trying to open a violin case
my hands failing on the rusty clasp

You took off your glasses and sat
lightly in my heavy chair, I placed
my head in your lap, relieved to be back in the future

No comments: