Monday, February 26, 2007

Questions about water

What did the water say?The water said something about a great silence
before the greatest event of all time;
an event that is now unknown and unreachable.
And that a silence like that will never happen again.

How did the water touch?The water touched like a sleeping lover.

Where did the water go, and why did it go there?The water went up in the sky, to shield me from the sun.

Why are you slightly delusional about water?
Because I love water, and I want it to love me back.

Where do you go when you run out of water?I go to a closet deep in my house
and pray that the closet will fall down.
I pray for a flood to come in under the door.

Really?
Yes. I go to the securest place in my house
and pray for the house to be torn apart by water.

That seems harsh. When did you first find out about water?Very early on, I was put in a womb full of water.

But even Emanuel Swedenborg doesn't remember that!Whenever you point that out, I weep.
That is how I find out that I am made out of water.

Why do so many people talk about the flesh,
when the body is mostly water?
They are afraid to remember
how quickly their life will run out
if that flesh is wounded. They must
convince themselves that the flesh is all there is.
They are afraid of the flood that lies waiting
just behind it.

What is your favorite way to drink water?Glass is made from sand; when I raise a glass of water to my lips,
I remember that I am drinking water from sand. I like that.
But I prefer to drink water from a small metal bucket.
I like the taste of water best when it is surrounded by metal.
That is my favorite way to drink water.

When you pour water into your mouth, it is no longer surrounded by metal.Someday I will be made of metal. Metal makes me
feel very clean and futuristic.

So there will be a remedy for the fear of water?When we're all made of metal, won't we be afraid to rust?
I can speak only for myself, and for everybody else
when I'm not feeling like myself.

But you speak for all of us when you speak about water, don't you?Sometimes I say foolish things when I am asked about water.

Could you explain that further?Probably not. I can only say that if you drink water very quickly,
you will get drunk, but differently. And that when we make love,
we mix our water with another's water.

Stop touching my leg. Why is there water and not something else?So that we might know that life is transparent,
and that we can see through it.

No comments: